Yelm Family Medicine is proud to offer a new service to our growing community – prenatal care!
Dr Chelsea Unruh and Dr. Cynthia Wilson are Family Medicine physicians. Both have dedicated training in Obstetrics and provide care to pregnant women of all ages who are considered low risk. Low risk pregnancies include otherwise healthy women with singleton pregnancies (no twins). Unfortunately at this time, we are not offering services if you have had a previous c-section or are planning a VBAC (Vaginal Birth after Cesarean Section) and recommend you establish with an OB/GYN.
All visits are done at our local Yelm office and we are affiliated with Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, for the delivery of your baby. Cesarean Sections are performed in conjunction with OBGYN doctors at St. Peter Hospital.
• Start taking your prenatal vitamin
• Stop cleaning your cat litter box
• Avoid deli meat, fish high in mercury (Albacore Tuna, swordfish, shark, mackerel, tile fish) and raw or under cooked eggs/meat
• Limit or completely stop drinking caffeine
• Stop smoking and avoid alcohol
Yelm Family Medicine
201 Tahoma Blvd. SE, Ste. 102
Yelm, WA 98597
Office Phone: (360) 458-7761
After Hours: (360) 458-7761
St. Peter Hospital: (360) 491-9480
Childbirth, Breastfeeding, and Infant CPR Courses: